The latest global human resource survey by Randstad revealed that Singapore workers ranked at the bottom 10th for job satisfaction among 34 countries. Only 67% of the Singapore workers interviewed are satisfied while 25% are neutral and 8% are dissatisfied.
Here are other findings of Singapore in the survey:
1) Job Change Appetite: To what extent are you currently looking for another job? (ranked 21/34)
4% are actively applying for job change, 24% are looking, 44% are open to job offers and only 28% are not changing jobs.
2) Actual Job Change: Have you changed jobs during the past six months? (7/34)
14% are working in a comparable position at another employer, 6% are working in a different position under the same employer, 10% are working in a different position at a different employer, 70% did not change positions or employers in the past six months.
3) Job Mobility: Do you think you will be doing the same or different work for a different employer in the next 6 months? (7/34) – raw result: 120 points
4) Respond to work-related calls/emails at convenient time (8/34) – raw result: 76%
5) Respond to work-related calls/emails outside regular office hours (14/34) – raw result: 58%
6) Sometimes deal with private matters during work hours (4/34) – raw result: 72%
7) Agree that they are able to let go of work easily when they are on holiday (27/34) – raw result: 68%
8) Feel pressured to respond to work-related calls and emails when they are on holiday (6/34) – raw result: 49%
9) Handle work-related matters during holidays because they like to stay involved (11/34) – raw result: 41%
10) Do not mind handling work-related matters in their private time (10/34) – raw result: 62%
11) Say their employer expects them to be available by phone and email during holidays (14/34) – raw result: 51%
12) Say their employer expects them to be available outside regular office hours (12/34) – raw result: 60%
You may download the actual report from here.