During a Community Show for Seniors today (May 22), Singapore’s Health Minister Gan Kim Yong announced that the Singapore Government has prepared goodies for more than 700,000 Singaporean seniors.
Calling it the “SG50 Seniors Package goodies”, those aged 55 and above are entitled to:
1) 5-year paid up membership of the People’s Association PAssion Card
2) $25 credit for ActiveSG members and those who sign up as new ActiveSG members will get a total of $125 credits.
Note: ActiveSG offers sporting activities, gym and bbq facilities at selected ActiveSG swimming pools. It is not understood how is the ActiveSG credits going to help seniors above 55 years old.
Senior citizens aged 60 are entitled more:
1) $50 public transport voucher
2) A free Kopitiam discount card with no credits
3) One free ticket to paid sites at Garden By the Bay for 2 months
4) One free ticket to Jurong Bird Park for 1 month
5) Discounts for some of Sentosa’s paid sites
6) 50% discount for selected performances at the Esplanade
7) Travel and local hotel discounts
With the exception of the $50 public transport voucher, the rest of the discounts offered by the SG50 Package goodies appear to be only discount shopping vouchers aim to bolster the businesses of selected outlets.
Do you think these “goodies” are helpful to our seniors who are mostly facing hefty medical bills and problems of retirement?